Admission Procedure

Admission Procedure

 The Institute is planning to admit (40) students for regular MSW Course every year.

  • Every candidate for the degree of Masters of social work shall be required to register him/herself as a post graduate student before admission into this course.
  • Every candidate for the Masters of social work must have taken the bachelors degree of Nagaland University in any faculty, or bachelors degree in any other university recognized as equivalent to the bachelors degree of this university. Graduate in any stream with at least 50% Marks (45% for SC/ST Candidates)
  • The course of study for the degree of Masters of Social work shall be a full time course and it duration shall be two years.
  • There shall be a university examination at the end of each of the two years. The examination to be held of the first year will be called Part I examination and the examination to be held at the end of the second year will be called Part II examination.
  • The Degree of the Masters of social work shall not be conferred upon a candidate unless he/she passes in all the heads of passing and has obtained the minimum marks in individual papers.  Except in Field Work and Research and Term paper, there shall be in each paper, in each part, an internal assessment for 40% of the full marks assigned to the paper, and a university examination for the remaining 60% of the full marks to be held at the end of the year.
  • The internal assessment in each paper will be made throughout the year and will be based on the following:

1. Written assignments/Class Tests – 20%

2. Terminal Examination – 15%

3.  Attendance – 5%

  • About 70% of the candidates  from the state of Nagaland, 20% Other NE states, 10% from Mainland India & from other Countries. (Seats will be allocated as per availability) Candidate shall be selected for admission through a comprehensive competitive written test /merit of graduation marks and an interview/aptitude test/ through personal interview and group discussion test.
  • There is no upper age limit
  • Attested copies of all the subjects and the mark list should be attached to the application form.
  • Candidates provisionally selected should produce their original documents at the time of interview on the specified date. The admission will be treated as final only after the verification of the necessary original documents by the Principal.
  • The following certificates in original have to be produced at the time of admission:
  1. 3 attested copies of H.S.L.C./S.S.L.C. 3 attested copies.
  2. 3 attested copies of recent character certificate from the last Institution attended.
  3. 3 attested copies of Degree Certificate of B.A./B.Sc./M.A./M.Sc. or equivalent.
  4. 3 attested copies of Mark List (Complete set of all the years).
  5. Ten recent passport size photos.
  6. 3 attested copies of Community Certificate in case of ST/SC.
  7. 3 attested copies of Migration Certificate from the concerned University
  8. Biographical statement.
  9. Married candidates should submit their marriage certificate.
  10. Eligibility Certificate from Nagaland University for Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from the Universities other than the Nagaland University.
  11. Dates of interview, admissions and other relevant information will be displayed on the College Notice Board.